CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
Students who earn a diploma in early childhood education and care get the skills necessary to create, carry out, and oversee early children services programs. Students receive training that enables them to supervise volunteers and staff. For children's service-based care, it is the highest qualification needed at the director or service manager level (in most Australian states). The following positions are open to graduates: Authorized Supervisor, Children's Services Coordinator, Centre Manager, Director, Childcare Worker, Group/Team Coordinator/Leader,
Children's Advisor, Program Leader, Children's Service Director/Manager, and Child Development Worker.
This course exposes students to both the academic and practical elements needed to develop in the childcare industry.
If you are not qualified for government funding or credit transfer for prior learning, we also provide simple weekly payment options.
Total number of units = 15
- 12 core units
- 3 elective units
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- CHCECE041 Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCECE042 Foster holistic early childhood learning, development and wellbeing
- CHCECE043 Nurture creativity in children
- CHCECE044 Facilitate compliance in a children’s education and care service
- CHCECE045 Foster positive and respectful interactions and behaviour in children
- CHCECE046 Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE047 Analyse information to inform children’s learning
- CHCECE048 Plan and implement children’s education and care curriculum
- CHCECE049 Embed environmental responsibility in service operations
- CHCECE050 Work in partnership with children’s families
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
Career Opportunities: Centre Based Director, Lead Educator in long daycare, child care centres, occasional care, Educational Leader, Centre Manager, Family Day Care Coordinator, Family Day Care Educator, In Home Care Provider or Coordinator, Out of School Hours Coordinator, Out of School Hours Educator, Preschool Assistant, Assistant Educator in a Kindergarten or preschool program, working with a teacher, Nanny, Other education-based employers may accept this qualification, such as working as tutor, education support staff or as teacher aides.
For more course information, fees and refunds, extensions, appeals, and our policies and procedures, download the Student Handbook